Laine Magazine Issue 17
OBS! Magasinet er på engelsk.
Laine er for mange strikkere et inspirerende univers at træde ind i. Magasinet er fyldt med smukke fotografier og lækre detaljer.
I mit hjem ligger Laine Magazine fremme på skænken, som en slags coffeetablebook, som mine gæster kan kigge lidt i, hvis de har lyst.
It is time for our delightful summer issue! Issue 17 — aptly named Here Comes the Sun — feels like the first tender rays of sun after a long winter. The inspiring summer knits and fun, quirky photos create a happy, relaxed mix with a subtle vintage feel.
Designers featured in this issue: Julia Disini, Rastus Hsu, Elena Solier Jansà, Pauliina Leisti, Veronika Lindberg, Marie Régnier, Jacquline Rivera, Lene Tøsti, Maija Vasala, Pope Vergara and Thea Vesterby.
Issue 17, Summer 2023, includes:
- 11 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 4 sweaters, 3 cardigans, 1 top, 2 shawls and 1 pair of socks.
- An interview with the French designer and debut author Cinthia Vallet, known for her charming knitted animals. Cinthia talks about her design process and the joy that toy-making can bring to adult knitters.
- An article about an Australian sheep farmer who shepherds a flock of Finnsheep 15,000 kilometres from their homeland.
- Jeanette Sloan’s Fibre Talk: a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Lissy and Rudi Robinson-Cole, a couple making crochet art inspired by their Māori heritage.
- Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro. In this issue, Päivi gathers experts’ tips on how you can start designing your own knitwear patterns!
- Where I Knit: a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot. In this issue, we meet a Finnish knitter who likes to knit in nature.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your summer cooking: tomato confit, lemon fizz mocktail and almond pavlovas.
- Book reviews.